Tuesday, May 13, 2008

summer's hot and cool hues

Bliss Living's Carrie comforter set

I have been really inspired by the rich and electric colors I am noticing for summer decorating. Soda pop orange, bright turquoise, deep royal blue, mocha espresso and subdued coral. I already have softer, paler versions of these colors throughout my house, but have been scouring the Internet for ways to perk up my rooms for summer. Here are some finds that got my attention:


Anthroplogie's Coral Courtyard Curtain panels would add a gorgeous dose of color and dramatic over sized pattern to my living room windows. The Moka Leaf Doormat could grace my front porch or fit nicely under my kitchen sink.




Bliss Living has an outstanding bedding collection that incorporates all shades of coral and blue. A few Mia Floor Pillows around your coffee table set with candles and a Caribbean dinner would be a stylish, but casual way to entertain friends this summer.





West Elm's overlapping squares chair has always been a design I admire. Now I am thinking the arm chairs would look excellent in the Saffron hue at my dining room table, joining two other chairs upholstered in a pale aqua damask pattern. The iconic print pillows featuring classic sea creatures would add whimsy and just enough nautical style to the white sofa in our living room.

More than likely, I am just dreaming about acquiring these beauties, but I am just really loving this summer color palette. It brings together the complementary colors of orange and blue, creating a curiously balanced example of summer's warm vs. cool dichotomy.

No comments: