Thursday, April 17, 2008

rotary garage sale

It's time! Garage sale season is on the horizon people, and a great way to kick it off is by attending Kitsap Rotary's Annual Garage Sale (RAGS)this Saturday, April 19. From 8am-2:30pm at the Kitsap County Fairgrounds, join me and the hordes of others scouting for good deals. Personally, I have never attended it, but I have been to the Bainbridge Rotary Auction, and had considerable luck. Check out kitsaprotary.org for more information regarding Saturday's sale.

Garage sales and flea markets are a fantastic way to find one-of-a-kind treasures to add personality to your space. Look for pieces that have simple lines, are in sturdy condition, and have a classic style. You can always sand furniture down and paint it or stain it when you get it home. I did this with a $5 dresser that I snatched up at the BI rotary sale. What once was a sad looking dirty yellow dresser is now the epitome of cottage chic in gleaming ivory next to my bed. This year I'll be looking for a round side table for the living room and bookshelves. See you there!

1 comment:

flotoj@beloit.edu said...

Hi Betsy, Wish I lived closer so I could have gone to the flea market with you. Sounds like fun. Jan