Wednesday, July 23, 2008

end tables: done!


Before: The end tables were fine, but not quite my style.




Okay, okay, I know it has been a really long time since you all voted on the end table paint color/pull combo. Sorry! Each table soaked in two coats of primer, three coats of paint, and required some crafty carpentry skills to install the new pulls. Hopefully you think the wait was worth it!

In case you don't remember, the winning combination was the rich brownish black Nori from Martha Stewart's paint collection paired with the bone pull by Anthropologie.


Being the budget decorator that I am, I made my own version of the color by mixing left over chocolate brown paint and jet black paint that I had used for other projects in the house.


Initially, I spray painted the old brass pulls white, which freshened them up quite a bit. However, a little decorating angel named Candace surprised me with the Anthropologie pulls for my birthday! Wasn't that so sweet? They make all the difference. Thanks Candace!


Now the tables look just as I envisioned them: classy but earthy.

Tell me what you think! And thanks for voting!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those two end tables didn't know that they could look so chic! What a great way to update and give personality to those outdated end tables!

Anonymous said...

Way boss sista!!

Jess said...

I'm thinking of doing this myself! Found the post via a google search on black end tables :) Did you have to sand down the tables before you primed them? What kind of primer did you use?